Hey everybody and welcome to Episode 6 of Certified Comic Talk, the podcast that helps YOU become a better comic-preneur TODAY!
On today’s show I’ll be joined by comic book writer and owner of Mess Bucket Comics, Dominic Riggio and Comic Artist, Erik Hodson. Together they will share their story as independent comic creators and their quest to fund their latest project, Rowdy Roddy Piper: The Kilted Avenger!
Enjoy The Show!
EPISODE 6 SHOW NOTES
If you’re like me and you love wrestling almost as much as comics, then you’re really going to enjoy this episode. Not a wrestling fan? Don’t sweat it, listen to get the inside scoop on what it’s like to be an independent comic creator!
- Rate and review the Certified Comic Talk Podcast on iTunes
- Tip of the Week: Buy and Sell Comics on Reddit at r/comicswap
- Introducing Dominic Riggio, owner of Mess Bucket Comics
- Introducing Erik Hodson, comic book artist extraordinaire
- Dominic & Erik share their origin stories for how they each got into comics and wrestling
- How Dominic and Erik met and bonded over wrestling on the comic-con circuit
- An unpaid plug for the Something to Wrestle With Bruce Prichard podcast
- How the idea for The Kilted Avenger was born and the association with Pro Wrestling Tees
- The synopsis of this 52 page comic book
- A detailed overview of the various perks, and how you can help bring this comic to life
- All that, and so much more!
Being a huge Roddy Piper fan, it was so fun talking to Dominic and Erik about The Kilted Avenger. I’m just so stoked that Roddy’s essence and attitude will live on in the pages of this comic.
If you want to show the fellas your support, be sure to give them a follow on Instagram and Twitter
On this episode, I’m gifting one lucky listener the Broken Coconut Perk which includes a signed copy of Rowdy Roddy Piper: The Kilted Avenger, an 11×17 print of the comic cover and an exclusive Kilted Avenger t-shirt courtesy of Pro Wrestling Tees. Listen to the show to find out how you can enter to win this awesome prize!
YOU HAVE Q’S? I HAVE THE A’S
I really want this podcast to be a collaborative effort, and not just between myself and my guests, but with you involved as well! If you have any questions at all about the having a comic book related business, feel free to tweet me at @certifiedcomics, send me a DM on Instagram, or shoot me an email at email@example.com. I’ll do my best to personally answer, or have one my guests answer, your question!
HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD
Launching a brand-new podcast isn’t easy. For it to be discovered by its intended audience, it really helps if the show has a steady flow of reviews and ratings on iTunes. It would mean the world to me if you went over to iTunes and left a rating and review for the podcast. Also don’t forget to subscribe, and for imaginary bonus points share the podcast with your fellow comic book pals on social media and encourage them to check it out. Thanks in advance for all of your support!