Hey everybody and welcome to Episode 5 of Certified Comic Talk, the podcast that helps YOU become a better comic-preneur TODAY!
On today’s show, I’ll be joined by Nick Coglianese, the founder of Key Collector Comics. During our interview Nick will share his journey to comic-preneurship and how he concieved, created and launched one of the most useful apps available to comic book collectors today!
Enjoy The Show!
As always, I live to give a special shoutout to the peeps who share their messages of support with me. Thanks all, you ROCK 🤟
EPISODE 5 SHOW NOTES
Any comic-preneur will want to listen to this episode to get a behind the scenes look at how Nick went from working for a liquor distributor to becoming a full-time comic-preneur. His story is truly inspiring!
- Winners of the With Grade Power Comes Grade Responsibility T-Shirts announced!
- Introducing Nick Coglianese, founder of Key Collector Comics
- What iconic superhero movie turned Nick on to the world of comic books
- The event that led Nick to coming up with the idea for Key Collector Comics
- How long it took Nick to hand curate the database of key issues for the app
- What it was like launching the app at New York Comic Con in October of 2017
- How a chance encounter with former Valiant CEO Dinesh Shamdasani at NYCC helped propel Nick and his app forward
- Nick’s secret to getting PR for Key Collector Comics from the likes of the New York Times, Bleeding Cool, Newsarama and many more
- The value of the paid subscription
- A sneak-peek of updates coming to Key Collector Comics
- All that, and so much more!
On this episode, we’re giving away THREE one year subscriptions to the Key Comic Collectors app. Listen to the the show to find out what you need to do to enter to win!
YOU HAVE Q’S? I HAVE THE A’S
I really want this podcast to be a collaborative effort, and not just between myself and my guests, but with you involved as well! If you have any questions at all about the having a comic book related business, feel free to tweet me at @certifiedcomics, send me a DM on Instagram, or shoot me an email at email@example.com. I’ll do my best to personally answer, or have one my guests answer, your question!
HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD
Launching a brand-new podcast isn’t easy. For it to be discovered by its intended audience, it really helps if the show has a steady flow of reviews and ratings on iTunes. It would mean the world to me if you went over to iTunes and left a rating and review for the podcast. Also don’t forget to subscribe, and for imaginary bonus points share the podcast with your fellow comic book pals on social media and encourage them to check it out. Thanks in advance for all of your support!